Guest Designer - Clique Kits

Hi everyone!

So I am a little bit excited to let you all know that I am a guest designer over at Clique Kits!
I was asked to pick from their kit range, a kit to use as my inspiration and I happened to notice a NZ brand Rosie's Studio.  So being a kiwi I opted for this one which sports the great Indigo Mist range, which is described as wintery florals, wood textures, and misty pinks, teals and blues - a modern yet rustic collection. #RosiesStudio #Indigomist #Cliquekits

My lovely box arrived with a full set of Indigo Mist papers, Butterfly embellishments, gemstones, vellum die cuts, veneer embellishments, collectables, doilies and some designer buttons.  A great kit full of products that I could instantly see would be well suited to almost any style of scrapbooking, card making or general paper crafting!

I have to apologise for the lack of process photo's as I had so many ideas for this range that I ended up swapping and changing my mind on things right the way through!

So here is my first layout - 'Loved this day'

I have used 4 of the Indigo Mist papers - the brand doesn't name each paper individually unfortunately.

I had initially started this thinking it would be a grunge mixed media layout, then changed my mind and thought I'd make it a layered layout with some girlie aspects to it...so you will see a bit of both of these in this layout.

I started by layering up my base, adding some texture and detail with some stitching along the torn layers.  Then I added some stamping to the background - I have actually used the coordinating stamp for this set that I already had in my personal stash, and added some light watercolour paint to bring a bit of the pink through to wam it up.  Lastly I added some light texture paste and stenciling and a touch of gold paint.

Next I began to layer my background papers to mount my photo onto.  I started just by using the papers that I had created my background from, and eventually also added some of the floral paper to bring some more colour through.  Using my photo as a guide, I added my adhesive sparingly so that I could insert embellishments and other pieces of paper as I continued to play.
Once I was happy with the depth of my photo mount layers, I began to place my embellishments - trying to balance them out to a natural flow.


So this is piece number 1 from this kit and range.  As I said earlier there are so many great papers in this range that it has great potential.  Keep an eye out for my next installment - It will be coming shortly!

Happy crafting :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes