Challenge #140 - Layers

Welcome back to another Let's Craft and Create Challenge!  This months challenge is all about layers...a bit like an onion some might say lol.  Right sorry for the bad jokes, lets carry on.  Here is my inspiration piece 'Imagine'.



I love this photo - it brings about feelings of struggle but then great achievements...

So I like layers but in a flatter sense if that makes any sense to you.  I often use the colour and shapes in my papers mixed with some stamping, outlining etc to create my layers.

In this particular piece I have started with my base paper layer that had an ombre effect of orange and teal, a bit like rising from the fire and up into the sunshine.  I believe it is a 7 Dots paper range Cotton Candy Dreams. (Sugar Haze)


I fussy cut these fabulous circular flower kind of looking things off the Strawberry Fields paper and attached them to the top of the page - and thus our layering begins.  From here I went on to add some stamping, black ink tracking around some of those flower thingies to help them pop, a bit of black cotton to add some texture and some brick like chipboard with a thin layer of tissue paper on top before adding my photo layer.  Even here I added some layers by laying part of the title over the bottom half of the photo.  And finally I added some ink splatters and some clear texture dots.

 

So layers doesn't always have to mean bulk.

Give it a try and share your work with us over at Let's craft and Create we'd love to see it!

Thanks for stopping by

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits