Pretty Scraps

So I have a confession to make.....I'm a scrapbook hoarder!  I love to make the most of my supplies and hate to see anything go to waste.  As you would imagine then I end up with loads of unmatched pieces, and I continue to think 'ohh but that's pretty I'll keep it just in case I do another layout with similar colours'.  More often than not, if I do another layout with similar colours I end up with more scrap pieces of paper.  I made it my mission the other day to use as many scrap pieces that I could......wow did I have a lot of small no wait not small but tiny bits of paper.  But I did manage to make what I think are some pretty cards with them...so mission accomplished!


Fish tail your strips at either end and stick them down, alternating colours.  I added a sentiment onto a circle die cut and then added the odd wooden embelishment that I found floating around.
TIP: A lot of the papers are single sided - My sentiments are stamped onto the blank side of the paper.

I raised the sentiment just slightly by taping a piece of old packaging cardboard behind it.



 And...can't forget about the boys - these would work well for early teen to adult birthday cards.

Happy crafting and thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits