Busy fun times......

It's been a while since I last posted so thought I would share some of what I've been up to lately.  For a long time I've wanted to sell some of the items that I make, but had been afraid to.....what was holding me back was the thought of 'What if no-one likes it'. Gasp and tears would follow.

 I was having a conversation with my 9yr old son late last year about him giving things a go and not being afraid to jump in and try because you just don't know what will happen until you do.  The old saying of 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' sprang to my mind. Sometimes and only sometimes he can really surprise me.  He paused for a second and turned me and in a quiet thoughtful voice said 'You know mum, you should sell some of your craft things that you make, I think you'd do really well.'

At that point I realised I had to live by example.  I thanked him for his kind words and told him that even though I was afraid that no-one else would like what I had created I would give it a go.

So here we are in 2017.....Martinborough Fair.  Don't be fooled by the photo though this is not all mine.  Thanks to the great support and kindness of a friend we have shared a space at three fairs/Markets since February.  I can honestly say that I have felt the fear and done it anyway.


This was taken at the first Martinborough Fair in February.  It was a slightly windy day which made it quite interesting.  My friend makes the tutu's and capes and I make the fairy lights, paintings and cards.






 An example of some of the items that were for sale on the day.



I spent a fair amount of time propping up paintings after breezes but it was well worth it in the end. 
The second market was even more successful than the first and the third thankfully was inside.

I believe we are never too old to learn and change and I am finding that I am learning more about myself these days through my teachings to my children.

I am starting to be more adventurous and am enjoying the challenges that come with that.  
Come and visit me again for more updates!  I'd love to hear about your market experiences too.

Take care out there :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits