Let's Craft and Create - Layers

Challenge time again!  This month Lets Craft and Create  invites you to put some extra layers on.  You can use so many things to create layers which adds a bit of extra depth so it will be interesting to see all your submissions.

I like to use stamping, embossing, stencils and some mixed media to create a bit of extra depth.  However in this case I have kept this quite minimal.

I started with overlapping three papers, giving the middle piece some extra detail by die cutting the edge.  The different patterns on the papers helps to add an extra interest and another layer.  For my next flat layer I inked through a 13@rts stencil.  This gave me a nice base of what I consider at least three layers already.  From here I then started to build up individual layers using die cut papers, mesh, ribbon flowers and butterflies stamped on clear acetate.  Each of my paper layers are lifted with a layer of thin cardboard between them, this helps with the layered look and also gives me a bit of room to slide my embellishments into!



 

Happy crafting everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits