Southern Girls Challenge - Circular embellies

Hi there and welcome!  So today is my first post as a new Design team member over at the Southern Girls Challenge - I'm very excited to be on the team.

Ok, so the theme of this challenge is about circular embellishments....sequins, buttons, flair etc if you can think of it then it applies.  I couldn't help myself so I went with some spotted paper too...it's circular so it counts right lol


Aren't kids just adorable when they are asleep!  This photo was taken after a rather restless night of sharing an inflatable bed with my daughter...the girl is a wriggler!

I bought the paper collection (Prima Rose Quartz) back in July 20107 - I just loved it and it's romantic/dreamy feel.  I had no plans or any ideas what I was going to do with it until this challenge came about, and I remembered about the page with the circles...and so it all began.
Anyway I liked the way that the circles kinda looked like thought bubbles like you see in cartoons lol.  As my photo is darkish I wanted to highlight it with built up layers and just a sneak of colour.

I ended up loving how this arrangement looks, but I can tell you it wasn't all sugar and spice while I was working on it.  I thought I had decided on my final composition, I'd played with it, walked away, played some more, came back and thought yeah that looks pretty good. I glued the chipboard clock down and headed off to bed.  While I was drifting off to sleep I thought about a dream catcher that my daughter had been given for Christmas - next minute the cartoon lightbulb went on above my head and I was racing down to my craft room lol hoping like anything that the glue hadn't quite dried!

Here you can see that I added a bit of colour to the muslin cloth, simply by scrunching it up and then spraying.
I stamped the butterfly onto vellum, and added a bit of sparkle using sequins and crystals

Supplies List
Bazzill White Cardstock
Bazzill Black Cardstock
AC Cardstock Lilac
Prima Rose Quartz Collection - Grace
Prima Rose Quartz Collection - Stone Quartz
Prima Sequins & Crystlals
2Crafty Chipboard - Clock Face Frames
Ribbon scraps
Vellum
Prima Rust & Dust stamp set
Flair piece
Aleene's Tacky Glue - (Available from KraftersCart - NZ)
Archival ink - Jet black - (Available from KraftersCart - NZ)
Muslin cloth


We have some great sponsors on this challenge blog, you'll see me acknowledge and thank them as we go along our journey, so be sure you click on the links and go and check them out.

This months sponsors are:


Krafters Cart
All Dressed up

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits