Once in my lifetime

So where I am from it doesn't snow, wind and rain definitely yes but snow nah.  This particular year however we had a very rare event.  We actually got snow!!!!  Granted it wasn't a huge amount but it was enough to cause a lot of excitement - apparently it was the first time in 50 years. 



For this layout I have used the left hand side of this double layout sketch from Let's Scrap

I had lots of fun using all sorts of different mediums on the background some of which you can't even actually see anymore.  I started the background before I had really worked it out in my mind what I was going to do.  So I have used a Kaisercraft stencil along with Medium gel and also texture paste to create both clear and white snow falls.

I was sent some Metallic melts from Tinby Designs and so I had a play with these too.  I hadn't seen them before so had to google it. Here is a link to a you tube video of them actually being used....and a close up of what I managed to create with them, they do give some great texture.
Here I have sprinkled some onto the snowflake and used the heat gun to melt them.  Love how they glisten.

Here I stamped an image and used them like an embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is in the air - LCC

Southern Girls Challenge - Anything goes

Guest Designer - Clique Kits